In the news
By control on May 3, 2012
Posted in Air Cargo World News
- China Airlines will launch a new B747F service from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to Chennai International Airport on May 16. The plane will fly twice a week to Chennai via Kuala Lumpur and is scheduled to return to Taiwan via Luxembourg.
- Saudi Airlines Cargo has introduced a second weekly B747 freighter flight to N'Djamena, Chad. The initial frequency began in June 2011. The service will be routed through Jeddah.
- Kuehne + Nagel has introduced a critical spare parts airside service at London Heathrow. The program — which was unveiled in tandem with a new Terminal 3 facility — will allow K+N personnel to deliver needed replacement parts to aircraft parked at a terminal within 15 minutes.
- Air Canada has commenced flights to John F. Kennedy Airport, making it the only Canadian airline to serve the three major airports in New York City.
- Officials from Flughafen Leipzig/Halle, Dietz AG and Bensheim will work together to develop a 60,000-square-meter air cargo facility at the airport by the end of 2018. The 23,000-square-meter first phase is expected to be complete by the first quarter of 2014.