In the news
By control on June 29, 2012
Posted in Air Cargo World News
- Volga-Dnepr has added another IL-76TD-90VD, with a 50-tonne capacity, to its fleet. The plane is Volga-Dnepr's fifth freighter of that type.
- After inking a deal in April to collaborate on commercial aircraft technologies and the development of sustainable biofuels, Boeing and Embraer have linked up for military transport. Under a new agreement, Boeing and Embraer will share knowledge about the KC-390 aircraft program and evaluate where they can pool their sales resources for medium-lift military transport opportunities.
- DHL Express has teamed up with charitable organization Pizzas 4 Patriots to fly 30,000 pizzas to U.S. servicemen and women stationed in Afghanistan over the 4th of July. DHL, which is donating the staff, infrastructure and resources to execute the task, will ship the pizzas from Illinois-based Great Kitchens to Afghanistan via cargo jets.
- Boeing has signed an MoU with the Indonesian Ministry of Transportation to jointly establish training programs covering flight, air traffic control, dispatch and maintenance technology.
- NEO Air Charter has named Active Airline Representatives as its general sales agent for the Netherlands. Under this agreement, Active — which represents Aeroflot, Coyne Airways, Olympic Air and Rossyia, as well as the 18 airlines managed by Leisure Cargo — will act as the local contact point for NEO inquiries.