Aircraft

Hactl wins contract for Melbourne-Hong Kong Virgin Australia route

Hactl wins contract for Melbourne-Hong Kong Virgin Australia route

July 13, 2017 at 5:51 pm 0 comments

Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Limited (Hactl) was appointed as cargo ground handler for Virgin Australia’s new services from Melbourne to Hong Kong that started on July 5. At five weekly Airbus A330-200 arrivals, each with 14 tonnes of bellyhold capacity a piece, Virgin Australia could move a significant shareRead More

Turkish Cargo adds two more African destinations to freighter network

Turkish Cargo adds two more African destinations to freighter network

July 12, 2017 at 5:43 pm 0 comments

Turkish Cargo continues its expansion into Africa, with the July 1 launch of a scheduled cargo flights to Johannesburg and Madagascar. After noticing rising exports in bellyholds, the carrier is adding freighter capacity to meet demand. South Africa’s major export markets include Europe and the Americas, where Turkish has expandedRead More

Amerijet becomes first U.S. all-cargo CEIV-Pharma-certified carrier [VIDEO]

Amerijet becomes first U.S. all-cargo CEIV-Pharma-certified carrier [VIDEO]

July 11, 2017 at 5:03 pm 0 comments

The CEIV bug appears to be spreading in the United States. Just a day after Delta Cargo announced that it had earned IATA’s CEIV-Pharma certification, Amerijet International announced today that it had also earned a CEIV-Pharma cert, making it the first U.S.-based all-cargo airline to be awarded with the designation,Read More

Cathay Pacific to buy out DHL’s minority share in Air Hong Kong

Cathay Pacific to buy out DHL’s minority share in Air Hong Kong

July 10, 2017 at 5:06 pm 0 comments

Cathay Pacific and DHL entered into a non-binding memorandum of understanding (MOU) that positions Cathay Pacific Group to purchase DHL Group’s 40 percent stake in Air Hong Kong (AHK), making AHK a wholly owned subsidiary of Cathay Pacific, which already owns the other 60 percent. Under the current non-binding terms,Read More

3D imagery, 737 MAX, MAX, 737 MAX 7, 737 MAX8, 737 MAX 9

Boeing, FedEx to test fuel-saving tech with ‘ecoDemonstrator’ aircraft

July 6, 2017 at 9:39 pm 0 comments

Airfreight is notorious for being one of most polluting modes of transportation, so news that Boeing and FedEx Express are teaming up to test fuel-saving technology is welcome news in an industry that has been slow to adapt. As part of the 38-year-old “ecoDemonstrator” program, Boeing will install experimental technologyRead More

Cargolux’s weekly Quito service brings Ecuadorian flowers to Europe, Asia

Cargolux’s weekly Quito service brings Ecuadorian flowers to Europe, Asia

July 6, 2017 at 5:33 pm 0 comments

Cargolux Airlines launched scheduled all-cargo services to Quito on July 2, providing four flights per week, originating in Luxembourg and transiting through two airports in Brazil (Curitiba and Viracopos) as well as on in Mexico. The Quito connection sets up more opportunities to ship Ecuador’s cut flower exports to marketsRead More

CAE 10-year pilot demand outlook anticipates 255,000 new pilot vacancies

CAE 10-year pilot demand outlook anticipates 255,000 new pilot vacancies

June 30, 2017 at 5:21 pm 0 comments

CAE has published its 10-year pilot demand outlook, and the civil aviation, defense and security, and healthcare training company is warning that the airline industry will need to produce 70 new type-rated pilots per day to meet global demand, a rate that many doubt will be possible given the currentRead More

Turkish Cargo adds second Nigeria service to Kano

Turkish Cargo adds second Nigeria service to Kano

June 30, 2017 at 5:08 pm 0 comments

In what appears to be an almost monthly occurrence, Turkish Cargo, one of the world’s fastest-growing freight operations, is expanding yet again – this time in West Africa. Starting July 4, the carrier is launching weekly cargo flights to Kano, Nigeria, also touching down in Dakar, Senegal. The added DakarRead More