Post Tagged with: "db schenker"

DB Schenker makes deeper digital investment in uShip

DB Schenker makes deeper digital investment in uShip

February 15, 2017 at 6:49 pm 0 comments

Nine months after purchasing the exclusive European rights to uShip’s transportation management software (TMS), DB Schenker has increased its commitment by investing US$25 million into the U.S.-based online shipping marketplace. The investment is “the largest equity interest in a digital company to date,” said Jochen Thewes, CEO of Schenker AG.Read More

DB Schenker consolidates Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Land Transport Board Divisions

DB Schenker consolidates Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Land Transport Board Divisions

December 13, 2016 at 6:40 pm 0 comments

DB Schenker is consolidating its Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Land Transport Board Divisions to create a new division named, simply, Freight. Under the leadership of Ewald Kaiser, currently a member of the management board for land transport, DB Schenker hopes to bring the three product areas closer together toRead More

DB Schenker betting on U.S.-Mexico trade with Texas border facility

DB Schenker betting on U.S.-Mexico trade with Texas border facility

September 13, 2016 at 5:49 pm 0 comments

While politicians bluster, cross-border trade between Mexico and the United States continues at a brisk pace as Mexico’s manufacturing sector capitalizes on strong demand for nearshoring from the U.S. A new DB Schenker warehouse, located at the Killiam Industrial Park in the border town of Laredo, Texas, is part ofRead More

Dubai: Building the cargo city of tomorrow

Dubai: Building the cargo city of tomorrow

September 6, 2016 at 5:58 pm 0 comments

If you were given almost unlimited space and funds to design an airport, what would it look like? How much greater efficiency would your operation enjoy, if you could plan where your warehouses and sorting areas are sited before a runaway is even paved? This may be a fever dreamRead More

DSV’s 2015 ended on a high note

DSV’s 2015 ended on a high note

February 15, 2016 at 6:26 pm 0 comments

According to CEO Jens Bjørn Andersen 2015 was a good year for DSV, one of the first major logistics companies to report financial data for the full year. Andersen said DSV gained market share across all business segments, delivering strong growth in earnings and cash flow. Net revenue of US$7.7Read More

DB Schenker to expand road network with Redhead

DB Schenker to expand road network with Redhead

December 16, 2015 at 12:10 am 0 comments

To increase its land network in the United Kingdom, DB Schenker Logistics is purchasing U.K. logistics company, Redhead International. Schenker will acquire 75 percent interest in Redhead early in 2016, with the remaining 25 percent to be acquired after four years per a contractual obligation. The new organization, once approved,Read More

DSV acquisition of UTi looks like a go for 2016

DSV acquisition of UTi looks like a go for 2016

October 9, 2015 at 10:49 pm 0 comments

  If at first you don’t succeed… For the second time in the last 12 months, Danish logistics group, DSV, has made a bid to to acquire U.S.-based UTi Worldwide. This time, the offer was accepted, for US$1.35 billion, or $7.10 cash per each UTi share, representing a 50 percentRead More

Freighter influx fails to clear Vietnamese backlogs

Freighter influx fails to clear Vietnamese backlogs

July 6, 2015 at 9:54 pm 0 comments

Freighter operators looking for markets to fill their planes at juicy rates could do worse than head for Vietnam – provided they can fly past bureaucratic hurdles. Vietnam’s airfreight market is on a roll, fueled by surging exports. According to consulting firm IMA Asia, the country enjoyed double-digit growth inRead More