Unilode inks contract with Thailand-based NokScoot Airlines

Today, Unilode Aviation Solutions said it signed a new contract with Bangkok-based NokScoot, bringing its client tally for ULD management up to 45. NokScoot’s CEO, Yodchai Sudhidhanakul, said the partnership will “provide us with peace of mind,” regarding its cargo operations while it continues to focus on its passenger business. “One of the key arrangements […]
  • Nina Chamlou
  • February 7, 2019

AAPA reports traffic growth in February

In one of the first signs that suggest the Chinese New Year has had little effect on air cargo demand this year, the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA) said 2017’s airfreight growth has carried well into the new year, reporting a 7.3 percent increase in air cargo volume in February among its Asia-Pacific member […]
  • Nina Chamlou
  • March 26, 2018

First look at October cargo shows continued demand, but slowing growth

Soaring yields and the backlogs building in Asian hubs offer ample testimony to that demand for airfreight is still strong. We are clearly in the middle of a great peak season, and anyone who didn’t book space long ago is suffering. But the rate of growth is falling. David Harris, of sister publication Cargo Facts, […]
  • Randy Woods
  • November 15, 2017

Cathay Pacific to buy out DHL’s minority share in Air Hong Kong

Cathay Pacific and DHL entered into a non-binding memorandum of understanding (MOU) that positions Cathay Pacific Group to purchase DHL Group’s 40 percent stake in Air Hong Kong (AHK), making AHK a wholly owned subsidiary of Cathay Pacific, which already owns the other 60 percent. Under the current non-binding terms, set to take effect on […]
  • Lewis King
  • July 10, 2017

Asian air cargo markets register moderate gains

Preliminary August traffic figures released by the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA) today showed moderate gains in air cargo volumes and insignificant changes in year-over-year (y-o-y) freight load factors. That said, the figures failed to dispel cynicism about the region’s “generally lackluster international air cargo demand for the January-August period,” according to Andrew Herdman, […]
  • Lewis King
  • September 29, 2016