Luxair, the flag carrier of Luxembourg, has significantly added to the live-animal station at its cargo center at Luxembourg Findel Airport. With the addition of more fixed animal stalls, and nine more collapsible units available, if needed, this brings the total capacity to 50 stalls. Additionally, Luxair plans to provide more space for grooms and animal handlers, which will allow them to remain with their travelling animals throughout their journey.
This will certainly benefit Cargolux, which has launched its new CV Alive product. The airline handles animal shipments in full compliance with the IATA Live Animal Regulations and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species. Through Cargolux’s headquarters and the Luxair Cargo Center the carriers provide:
- Live animal inspection rooms and veterinary facilities;
- An EU-certified veterinary station at the Luxembourg hub;
- Overnight accommodation in purpose-built pens in a contained and noise-protected area;
- Temperature and lighting controls that are adjustable to suit different species;
- The ability to move the animals from plane to pen avoiding ground contact for sanitary and disease protection reasons; and
- Comfortable environments with proper ventilation and temperature-control systems.