Airport operator Aeroports de Paris, and Sodexi (Society of International Express Development), have opened a new 7,600-square-meter express freight warehouse at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport.
Based at CDG, Sodexi is an express freight handler for airlines, including Air France-KLM (which owns 65 percent of shares in Sodexi), Aeroflot, Time Matters (a Lufthansa subsidiary), Saudi Airlines, Alitalia and Estonian Air. Geopost owns the other 35 percent of Sodexi.
The warehouse will be used to process air freight and mail, according to CDG.
At a cost of €22 million, construction of the building was completed in fall of 2014. The new facility will be able to process up to 55,000 tonnes per year from more than 160,000 commercial flights.
“With the new express hub, located right next to the passenger terminals, Sodexi has acquired a modern, high-performance facility, ideal for processing flows of international express freight, partially e-commerce related,” said Jerome Balbi, managing director of Sodexi. “A parcel collected at the end of the previous afternoon in Hong Kong will arrive in Paris in the morning, and can be connected straight away to a flight to southern Europe or Scandinavia, for example, with delivery in the early afternoon.”