BERLIN, March 15, 2016 — Air Cargo World presented 17 Air Cargo Excellence Awards at a gala dinner held Monday night. The awards are based on the Air Cargo Excellence Survey, which was established in 2005 by Air Cargo World. Awards are presented annually to the airlines and airports achieving the highest scores in the survey based on several performance factors.
Among the winners were: Air Canada Cargo, Asiana Airlines, Emirates SkyCargo, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Viracopos International Airport, Dubai International Airport, Incheon International Airport, Indianapolis International Airport, Liege Airport, Memphis International Airport, Orlando International Airport, Zurich-Airport, Korean Air, Southwest Airlines, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa Cargo AG, and Virgin Atlantic Airways.
“The Air Cargo Excellence Awards celebrate the best in the air cargo industry,” said JJ Hornblass, publisher, Air Cargo World. “We extend a sincere congratulations to all the winners.”
The Air Cargo Excellence Awards are presented annually at a gala dinner in conjunction with the IATA World Cargo Symposium by Air Cargo World, the industry’s largest-circulation publication. For the first time, this year’s event also featured a presentation on the data behind the awards.
“We were very excited to not only recognize the top performers in the Air Cargo sector, but also for the first time to share insights on market trends based on the data,” Hornblass said. “The data helps us see industry trends and understand how airlines and airports are viewed by their customers.”
Airport winners included:
- Dubai International Airport for the Africa, India, & Middle East airport category.
- Incheon International Airport for the Asia 1,000,000 or more tonnes airport category.
- Zurich-Airport for the Europe up to 399,999 tonnes airport category.
- Liege Airport for the Europe 400,000 to 999,999 tonnes airport category.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol for the Europe 1,000,000 or more tonnes airport category.
- Viracopos International Airport for the Latin American airport category.
- Orlando International Airport for the North America up to 399,999 tonnes airport category.
- Indianapolis International Airport for the North America 400,000 to 999,999 tonnes airport category.
- Memphis International Airport for the North America 1,000,000 or more tonnes airport category.
Using a scale of 1 to 5 – with 5 being the highest – freight forwarders were asked to rate qualifying air carriers on customer service, performance, and value. Air carrier winners included:
- Emirates SkyCargo for the Diamond 1,000,000 or more tonnes air carrier category
- Lufthansa Cargo AG for the Platinum 1,000,000 or more tonnes air carrier category
- Korean Air for the Gold 1,000,000 or more tonnes air carrier category
- Asiana Airlines for the Diamond 400,000 to 999,999 tonnes air carrier category
- Etihad Airways for the Platinum 400,000 to 999,999 tonnes air carrier category
- Air Canada Cargo for the Diamond up to 399,999 tonnes air carrier category
- Virgin Atlantic Airways for the Platinum up to 399,999 tonnes air carrier category
- Southwest Airlines for the Gold up to 399,999 tonnes air carrier category
About the Air Cargo Excellence Awards
The annual Air Cargo Excellence Awards celebrates stellar performance in the airfreight industry. The awards are based on the Air Cargo Excellence Survey, which was established in 2005 and is published annually in Air Cargo World.
The Air Cargo Excellence Survey was established in 2005 and is carried out and published annually by Air Cargo World. The survey is based upon a rating system that measures airlines and airports on specific criteria and subsequently ranks them to identify above or below average performance. There are two surveys in fall 2015 – one for airlines, and one for airports – based on their performance during the previous 12 months. The survey was enhanced and expanded for 2016 to allow for more granular data on each market participant, as well as to facilitate deeper segmentation of the data.
More information on the Air Cargo Excellence Awards can be found at AirCargoExcellence.com.